Funds raised from one off events and hiring out the club bar go toward a defined project ranging from purchasing new equipment to boathouse improvements. Project suggestions are welcome from all club members with the club committee voting on the current goal.
An Ave racing single scull to replace club boat ‘Nigel Ramsden’ which is now damaged beyond repair. The lack of a good single in this weight class is really being felt by the club. The new single will also be named Nigel Ramsden in continued recognition of the efforts of one of LRC’s most influential members (now a Life Member).
The project total to purchase a 75kg- 85kg Ave racing single is £5,000
Contributions to current project
- November 2018 – £484.56 from function room hire (Pete M, Michelle D, Rob F)
- October 2018 – £100.00 from function room hire (Rob F)
- October 2018 – £596.29 from function room hire (Grace H, Max, Ben & Rob F)
- October 2018 – £573.04 from function room hire (Caroline H, Joanne T & Freya T, Rob F, Kim C & Steve B)
- September 2018 – £411.15 from function room hire (Gualter G, Sophie C, Ben P, Rob F)
- September 2018 – £100.00 from function room hire (Rob F)
- August 2018 – £502.61 from function room hire (Rob F, Alex W, Hazel W)
- June 2018 – £462.50 from bar & function room hire (Rob F, Sam K, Michelle D, Dave S, Pippa J)
- May 2018 – £74.85 donated
- April 2018 – £100.00 from the Recreational Squad selling Pogies at Leicester Regatta especially Louise Johnson
Any club member can propose a future fundraising project:
- The respray and refurbishment of City Challenge to benefit the recreational and junior squads.
- September 2017 – The Recreational Squad raised £1,946.20 for the purchase of the ‘J’ set of sculling blades for exclusive use by the Junior Squad by rowing the 50km Boston Marathon
A donation to the club can be made via the Leicester Rowing Club MyDonate page which allows us to claim back 25p per £1 thanks to GiftAid