Funds raised from one off events and hiring out the club bar go toward a defined project ranging from purchasing new equipment to boathouse improvements. Project suggestions are welcome from all club members with the club committee voting on the current goal.
The current project is a full refurbishment of club boats Harry Wykes and David Ladds both in heavy use by all squads especially the juniors.
Harry Wykes refurb = £1,850
David Ladds refurb = £1,750
Project total = £3,600
Any club member can propose a future fundraising project:
- A new club kitchen to replace the current kitchen which has been in place for over 20 years.
- A set of new sculling blades to support growing squads
- A new racing quality junior\women’s weight single
- A new racing quality junior\women’s weight quad
- June 2019 – Raised £2,500 to refurbish City Challenge
- December 2018 – Raised £3,000 to purchase a new Ave club single as a like for like replacement for Nigel Ramsden named after one of the club’s Life Members.
- September 2017 – The Recreational Squad raised £1,946.20 for the purchase of the ‘J’ set of sculling blades for exclusive use by the Junior Squad by rowing the 50km Boston Marathon
A donation to the club can be made via the Leicester Rowing Club MyDonate page which allows us to claim back 25p per £1 thanks to GiftAid