Funds raised from one off events and hiring out the club bar go toward a defined project ranging from purchasing new equipment to boathouse improvements. Project suggestions are welcome from all club members with the club committee voting on the current goal.
With the last goal of purchasing a new single as part of a long term goal to upgrade the boats across the club completed in December 2018 we turn our efforts to the next project. The current project is a full refurbishment of club boat City Challenge which at over 20 years old is really starting to show it’s age and without attention will become unusable. Heavily used by the Recreational squad, City is long overdue some love and attention to give it another 20 years of use.
The project total to refurb City Challenge is £2,500
Contributions to current project
- £492.99 – Room hire – Michelle, Joanne, Freya, Dave
- £264.23 – Room Hire – Michelle, Angela, Graham, Jean
- £621.54 – Room Hire – Michelle, Jake, Paul, Alex
Any club member can propose a future fundraising project:
- A new club kitchen to replace the current kitchen which has been in place for over 20 years.
- December – Raised £3,000 to purchase a new Ave club single as a like for like replacement for Nigel Ramsden named after one of the club’s Life Members.
- September 2017 – The Recreational Squad raised £1,946.20 for the purchase of the ‘J’ set of sculling blades for exclusive use by the Junior Squad by rowing the 50km Boston Marathon
A donation to the club can be made via the Leicester Rowing Club MyDonate page which allows us to claim back 25p per £1 thanks to GiftAid